Sunday 13 January 2013

Chipotle - Angel branch

 
After 5 + City Pig’s summary
Snapshot
 
Cuisine/Speciality:
Mexican
Price:
From £6.50 for a burrito.
Healthy:
·         Healthy scale 4/5
Ingredients such as beans, avocado and salad in the wrap – makes this extra healthy.
Tasty:
·         2.5/5 – Food
·         2.5/5 – Service
·         2/5 – Comfort of dining in
·         3/5 - Value
·         2.5/5 – Overall rating
 
Occasion:
·         Quick eats
·         Casual dining
·         Casual lunch
 
Address:       
334 Upper Street, London
Opening times
Mon to Sun – 11am to 10pm.
Eat in/Takeaway:
Eat-in and take-away.
Recommended dishes & drinks
·         No particular recommendations.
Vegetarian dishes
Suitable for Vegetarians.
Loyalty card
No.
Website
 
After 5 + City Pig’s analysis

The burrito boom was so last year but our taste for these Mexican delights just seems to keep going. I heard good things about Chipotle and seeing them have a few branches across the city, I presume they are good quality.
I strolled into the Angel branch and ordered a steak burrito. While ordering, you move along the counter while the staff there asks you whether you want black beans or pinto, cheese and salsa dressing etc.
By then, the burrito is a big beast with rice and beans wrapped firmly and tucked under the foil wrapper.
It looked promising, but after a few bites I was disappointed that I didn’t get the moreish taste – the steak was plain and unsatisfying. I was expected a tender and marinated taste.
I was told that the Baker street branch was better and perhaps the steak was not the best choice. On the upside, it is filling and will keep you going on these cold days.
It can be rather messy as the filling and sauce drips after every bite which I found but that might just be me.
The problem with branches is that, consistency is hard to maintain and I may have just experienced this. I might give it another go but at a different branch to see if there is a difference in taste.
So far I still rate highly Poncho no 8 for very good tasting burritos.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment